Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Painting your favorite ornament- a tutorial!

I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and give you all a little gift of art this Christmas. We have been painting ornaments for the last few weeks and I thought I would give you a tutorial on painting glittery ornaments since it can be a bit overwhelming to capture all the lights, twinkle and glitter. Diane sent me a photo of an ornament she was trying to paint for our Friday Challenge so that is my subject matter.


This time of year gives us a great way to practice some challenging textures and surfaces. I hope you enjoy this video and have a wonderful holiday!
Diane's ornament from Desiree Habicht on Vimeo. To make the video larger hit the arrows on the bottom right side of the video screen, esc will make it small again!

This will be our challenge for the next week also!  Because….


I will be off my computer, enjoying the holidays with family and house guests!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you and your family have a wonderful, safe and blessed Christmas. I always enjoy, and get a lot out of, the variety of art topics you share. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments and emails! I love it when I get comments, I feel like someone is out there! Have a very Merry Christmas today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always here God wiling or not finished with he yet. Love your tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, blessing to you and your family this Christmas Day!! Hope you get lots of art supplies!

      Delete