Monday, September 17, 2012

Chloe

Sadly our sketch class was canceled. I had so many of you worried about the heat so we will do it next month instead! It has been really hot and muggy so trying to keep up on your sketching is going to be more challenging.

Last night the tempurature became almost enjoyable as the nights are starting to take on that feeling of fall and cool off. I made roasted vegetable enchilada for dinner last night and roasted all the fresh veggies on the barbecue. As they were cooking I grabbed my sketchbook and sat under the covered patio and Chloe came to visit. I was needing to do my overdue international postcard and Chloe was the perfect subject. I quickly did a pencil sketch of her laying there, making sure I got the proportions correct and then began to paint. Not much colors on this one but I like the way it turned out. Can you grab a moment in time this week, paint your pet, a bird, something living? The best way to do it is try and draw from life but take some photos with your camera so you can capture the face or position you like and incase they are moving too much!

Show off you pets week!
Chloe's painting before I added text

My finished postcard going to Albrecht in Germany, he requested animals!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful - you really caught her expression - gives me a challenge to tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and you make it look so easy to do! All the animals around here never sit still but I might try one of my photos I took.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting of Chloe! Some day I hope to be able to paint my cats! Sorry class was cancelled, but glad I didn't miss anything!

    ReplyDelete