Sunday, June 1, 2014

Have fun and improvise!

I happened to be cleaning out a fruit/vegetable bowl that I keep on the counter. In this heat the things don't last quite as long as normal. I had lots of lemons and oranges that had just started to dry out so I was going to throw them out but decided to cut them in half and make some painted stamps. It can be done with anything so I would encourage you to try different things around your kitchen. I love the designs and textures you can achieve with different areas and different cuts of the oranges or lemons. You can make up a stamped page ahead of time and paint over it or just use it as a journaling page, a page just to write about the day.
I let it dry for a few days so it wasn't so juicy and then painted watercolor over it. There are so many possibilities, different colors, outline, make labels. stamp wedges, paint seeds. Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment