Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall Leaves

I love this time of year, the warm colors that cover everything. The sun is setting lower and it seems to paint everything it touches with a warm orange/pink color. The trees are turning colors and everything that has been growing with exuberance is now slowing down, to hibernate for the winter.

I was driving down the street the other day and the wind was blowing, there were clumps of leaves that were twirling around in the street as if they were dancing. It was so inspiring that I started to think of poems, and I am not a writer. But everything at that moment was so beautiful, and perfect and it was speaking to me. I had to write it down when I got home, this bit of magic that happened on the road. I journaled about it and I wanted to share it with you too. Are you open to these magical moments in your life? As an artist you need to be, you need to take the time to really look at what is in front of you. The beauty that surrounds you at all times. It is the job of the artist to record that moment for others that don't have the same vision as you do. The more you stop to notice, the more you will notice. The more time you take to look for colors the more colors you will find. Its all about practice, awareness, fine tuning your artistic vision, your artistic eye.

Your assignment or challenge for this month is to notice something about this time of the year that speaks to you. It can be a color, a memory, something that your thankful for, anything that really speaks to you. Now draw or paint it and record your thoughts. These pages will become the most important ones in your journal when you look back. Take the time to really share some or your inner thoughts.

Our sketching workshop will be on the 17th this coming month, see you them. More info coming on my newsletter! I have added tabs to the top of the blog, I will always have the workshop info posted there incase you can't remember dates, times etc. Happy Painting GF's!

2 comments: