Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cup O'Cheer

Finished my Christmas card project this evening - and got the cards ordered!  I started with a photograph of a small drive-thru coffee place that was on Hwy 76 at Bonsall for years!  Then when they widened the Hwy - it was torn down.   I really miss seeing it when I drive that way!  Desiree found the clip art Santa in his pick-up we added to the original photo - and then I made a pencil sketch from that.  After initially getting the building and Santa down - at Desiree's suggestion, went back to the background painting in some loose detail and darkening that area at the same time.  Am happy with the way it came out - Thank you Desiree!  Now on to the November challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Penny, this turned out so good! I really love it and think its so perfect and iconic for your card this year! Congratulations on getting it all finished up and ordered, I can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, you did a fantastic job on this card - really love it. You have really got the hang of this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this Penny!!! Very cute card. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete