Sunday, July 15, 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly

Our sketchbooks are a place where we should feel free to sketch anything we want to, life as we are seeing it. Life isn't always roses and sugar, it can be hard and ugly sometimes. Today as I was sitting outside enjoying the beautiful morning weather I received a bit of the ugly. Our neighborhood has been overrun by crows, they are raiding the smaller birds nests and stealing off with the young birds. Today we found another casualty of our crow verses bird war. A small baby bird was laying on our concrete, probably dropped from the sky. I decided to stop my pretty flower sketch and paint the baby bird. I thought it would be better in just black and white, a bit more serene and creepy! Then at the end I added just the hint of color. Here is my casualty of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment